How do I find the right real estate agent?
A good real estate agent is your partner in the home buying process. You may be working with an agent for several months so it’s important to find someone with whom you’re totally comfortable.
- Ask your friends or family to recommend agents.
- Personally interview each agent to make sure it’s a good/appropriate/comfortable fit.
- As a buyer, you don’t pay any commission (the seller pays it), so it’s in your best interest to find an agent you trust before you start looking.
- A “Buyer’s Agent” – works for YOU in helping you buy the right house.
- A “Seller’s Agent” (or “Listing Agent”) – works for the SELLER and helps get the seller the best terms.